WD RE-GP drives takes advantage of the performance improvements offered in our WD RE3 family of drives and adds advanced power management technology to deliver a faster, greener solution for large-scale data centers.
- Faster - 64 MB cache, dual processors, and increased areal density yield twice the processing power results in up to 25% performance improvement over the previous generation.
- Improvements in our power-conserving technologies - IntelliSeek, IntelliPark, and IntelliPower - deliver improved power consumption over our previous generation of WD RE-GP drive.
- Advanced mechanical optimizations along with system characterization and validation provide the highest performance under vibration conditions of any WD product.
- Large data-hungry organizations such as financial institutions and web service providers may realize up to $10 savings per drive per year in electricity costs (U.S.). A large data center with 10,000 drives could realize up to $100,000 in saving per year.
- With 1.2 million hours MTBF, these drives have the highest available reliability rating on a high-capacity drive.
- IntelliPower/IntelliSeek/IntelliPark - Delivers lower power consumption by automatically unloading recording heads during idle to reduce aerodynamic drag, and by disengaging read/write channel electronics.
- Active Power Management - WD drives with GreenPower Technology monitor work load and automatically invoke idle mode whenever possible to further reduce unnecessary power consumption. Drive recovery time from idle mode is less than one second, providing seamless power management between the drive and the host controller.
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) - Employs PMR technology to achieve even greater areal density.
- Secures the motor shaft at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations.
- RAID-specific time-limited error recovery (TLER) - Pioneered by WD, this feature prevents drive fallout caused by the extended hard drive error-recovery processes common to desktop drives.
- Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF)
|Item model number||WD2002FYPS|
|Hardware Platform||PC; Mac|
|Item Weight||1.3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4 x 1 x 6 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||4 x 1 x 6 inches|
|Hard Drive Interface||SATA|
|Hard Drive Rotational Speed||5400 RPM|
30 Day warranty